Exploring Canada’s west coast by kayak is an extraordinarily peaceful and colourful way to see BC’s wildlife, sea life and coastal mountains.
All rentals include a short introduction. No experience is necessary for one-hour single kayak rentals or two-hour double sea kayak rentals. However, beyond these time limits, we require wet exit certification from renters to ensure your safety.
If you wish to paddle for longer, you may want to take our wet exit clinic or Sealegs’ Basic Sea Kayaking Course. Although, sit-upon kayaks can be rented without the hourly restrictions.
Sea Kayak Rentals
Sit-On-Top Kayak Rentals
*Prices listed without GST and PST.
With every rental at Sealegs Kayaking, you receive:
- A complimentary introductory lesson
- Safety review
- PFD, paddle, pump, paddle float and throw bag (safety gear), where applicable
- Our guide team will help you carry the boat to the water’s edge, stabilize the boat while you get in and help you get out of your kayak upon your return to shore.
- Sealegs’ rental fleet boats are more than ‘just rental boats.” Our guests and staff treat the fleet with respect. This means safe, clean boats desirable for re-sale at the end of the season (August). We will have a great selection of new and used kayaks, SUPs and fishing boats. Please give us a call to book your sea trial rental or come to the beach to look at the possibilities!
Sealegs Service Guarantee
Sealegs prides itself on providing guests with the best kayaking experience found on Vancouver Island.
At Sealegs, we will:
- maintain and clean our equipment to ensure a quality experience
- offer personalized services
- provide professional fittings for PFDs and boats
- provide free paddle demonstrations and custom fit your boat
All kayaks & paddle boards are equipped with regulation safety gear.
A source of company pride is “if you are not completely satisfied with your experience with us, we want to hear about it so we can fulfill our commitment to you”.