Sealegs Kayaking Tours
Our Beach Center
Transfer Beach, Ladysmith
Sealegs' operation is located at Transfer Beach, Ladysmith, noted as the Town's Jewel. Located just off the Trans Canada Highway, Transfer Beach is one of the community's municipal parks and a perfect venue for Special Events such as Vancouver Island Paddlefest, Music Festivals, Car Shows, Horseshoe Tournaments and Logger Sports. Many of these events take place at the park's Outdoor Amphitheatre!
May Beachfront hours - 7 days a week 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Appointments advised for boat sales, rentals, lessons and tours
We still have a great selection of used SUP's and recreational and sea kayaks for sale
Call for an appointment to view!
Gift certificates available by calling our office at 250-245-4096 or 1-877 KAYAK BC
- Kayak Sales, Rentals, Lessons, Clinics, Tours
- Stand-Up-Paddle Boards (SUP's)
- Millennium Outdoor Amphitheatre
- Adventure playground
- Outdoor basketball court
- Beach Volleyball Court - Home of Sealegs Kayaking's Annual Volleyball Tournament (Ladysmith Days - the long weekend in August)
- Sand playground for children
- Horseshoe Pits
- Concession service - halibut, fresh home cut fries, ice cream
- Flush washrooms
- Picnic Shelters
- Swimming area - Warmest salt-water bay north of San Francisco!
- Outdoor Heritage Display and Walk
- Access to the Holland Creek Hiking Trail System
How to get to the beach
Coming from the north (Nanaimo airport, Ferries)
As you enter the town of Ladysmith, turn left at the second set of traffic lights.
This is Transfer Beach Boulevard. Follow the boulevard, keeping to the right until you reach the Beach. You'll find us south of the spraypark.
From the south (Victoria, Duncan)
As you enter the town of Ladysmith, turn right at the second set of traffic lights. This is Transfer Beach Boulevard. Follow the boulevard, keeping to the right until you reach the Beach. You'll find us south of the spraypark.
There is plenty of free parking available at Transfer Beach.