Sealegs Kayaking Tours
Ladysmith & Transfer Beach
Ladysmith, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Ladysmith is an oceanside community located mid Vancouver Island, 20 minutes south of Nanaimo and an hour's drive north of Victoria.
The town has been named one of Canada's prettiest towns by Harrowsmith magazine and it is worth visiting this quaint community formed in 1898 by coal baron, James Dunsmuir.
The community's theme is "Heritage by the Sea" recognizing the town jewel to be Transfer Beach, one of the most beautiful municipal oceanside parks on Vancouver Island. The town's downtown core has received awards for its downtown revitalization project thanks to the progressive efforts and vision of its community leaders.
Activities in Ladysmith:
- Browse the many antique stores
- Hike the Holland Creek Trail which is part of the Trans Canada Trail
- Play a round of Par 3 Golf
- Go on a tour of the local artisan studios
- Stroll the historic downtown and admire the restored buildings
- Go on the Heritage Walking Tour
- Enjoy a Harbour Boat Tour hosted by the Ladysmith Maritime Society
- Explore the Ladysmith Marinas
- Hike to Heart Lake
Ladysmith boasts 4 marinas
Pagepoint Marina - great lunch and dinner destination by kayak!
Transfer Beach, Ladysmith
Sealegs' Eco Adventure Centre is located at Transfer Beach in Ladysmith beautiful harbour. Located just off the Trans Canada Highway, Transfer Beach is one of the community's municipal parks and a perfect venue for Special Events such as Vancouver Island Paddlefest, Music Festivals, Car Shows, Horseshoe Tournaments and Logger Sports. Many of these events take place at the park's Outdoor Amphitheatre!
There are many things to do at our beach!
- Kayak Sales, Rentals, Lessons, Clinics, Tours
- Millennium outdoor amphitheatre
- Adventure playground
- Outdoor basketball court
- Beach volleyball court - Home of Sealegs Kayaking's Annual Volleyball Tournament (Ladysmith Days - 1st weekend in August)
- Sand playground for children
- Horseshoe pits
- Concession service - halibut, fresh home cut fries, 8 flavours of ice cream
- Flush washrooms
- Picnic shelters
- Swimming area - warmest salt-water bay north of San Francisco!
- Spraypark! (water park for children)
- Outdoor heritage display and walk
- Access to the Holland Creek Hiking Trail System
NEW: Snorkel with the Seals
Dip into the water with our local harbour seals to see them up close and personal! Travel with our guides on a sea truck to the seals' playground. We provide the gear - you just need your swim suit!
Join us any Monday, Wednesday or Saturday at 1 pm. Advance reservations are required and the cost is $99+HST per person.
Transfer Beach, Ladysmith, Vancouver Island
Toll Free: 1-877-KAYAK BC (529-2522)