Sealegs Multi-Day Kayaking Tours
The Broken Group Islands
5 Day Kayak Camping Tour
The complete west coast adventure kayaking experience! Paddle into the serene and magical Broken Group Islands on the West Coast of Vancouver Island and discover truely untouched, unspoiled beauty. Eagles, seals, sea lions, deer and a plethora of other wildlife is in abundance so please...remember your camera.
|Activity Level:||Novice, leisure|
|Departs:||8:00am Day 1|
|Daily Paddle Time:||3-6 hours|
|Returns:||7 pm Day 5|
|Departure Location:||Alberni Marine Harbour Quay, Port Alberni, Vancouver Island|
|Min/Max Group Size:||
There is a maximum of 1 guide for every 5 clients to a maximum group of 8 clients and 2 guides = 10 people.
|Duration:||5 days, 4 nights|
About This KayakingTour
The Broken Group Islands in Pacific Rim National Park have been summer hunting sites for the ancestral First Nations Nuu-chah-nulth people for centuries. This unique cluster of islands provides shelter from the high waves and wind that hits Canada's west coast fiercely. This allows us to easily explore the calm bays and lagoons full of wildlife.
We will paddle together each day to discover and view dramatic exposed coastlines, shell beaches, former native stone fish traps, sea arches, caves, sea urchins, sea anemones, sea cucumbers, sea stars and hopefully, we'll spot a whale!
Why Kayak with Sealegs?
- All-inclusive: We provide almost everything you need: plan, prepare & clean up meals and safe routes based on weather, tides & currents.
- Experienced, certified kayak guides: Our guide team specializes in the Broekn Group Islands. They have collectively led over 100 expeditions so know exactly where to go, when, paddle times for each crossing. All guides are SKGABC certified.
- Safety: Your safety is our priority and we stake our reputation on it. Multi-day tour guides maintain cell phone contact with Sealegs with set check-in times; bring a VHF radio; check weather reports throughout the day and ensure each boat is equiped with working, top of the line safety gear.
- Delicious cuisine: Enjoy true west coast flavours as our guides make delicous meals sourced from local bakeries, farmer's markets and fishermen. The food never disappoints and there is always more then enough at each meal.
- Clients first: We like meeting new people and realize the importance of understanding our clients' needs, feelings, interests and comfort levels. We treat our guests with respect and are intent on ensuring safe, comfortable and enjoyable outdoor holiday experiences.
- We care about the environment! We encourage low-impact activities on and around the water and use environementally friendly cleaning products. We support organizations that are working to protect the marine environment that is so special to us.
- We Support our Community: Sealegs is honoured to contribute financially to many worthy causes in our community. Sealegs donates and participates in numerous local events.
- Trip preparation assistance:A trip preparation package will be emailed to you upon registration. This will include background information on your destination, travel and accommodation information, maps, directions, helpful tips and what to pack.
5 Days, 4 Nights - 2013 Dates
July 22 - 26 | August 12 - 16
Cost: $1,299.00 Cdn plus 5% HST & gratuity
- Transportation via Heritage vessel to/from Port Alberni and Barkley Sound
- Certified sea kayak guide(s)
- Tent, camping supplies, kayak, paddle, safety gear
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners with dessert, snacks
- 4 nights park camping fees